Highly imaginative filmmaker with a solid six years of experience making a variety of films for a variety of industries. Strong passion for creating independent films, but also have a knack for creating commercials, commercial productions, documentaries, and short films. Knowledge of the latest camera, video, and audio equipment and editing software. Enjoy working with a variety of actors and crew members at many different experience levels. Also have a knack for bringing out the best in an actor, script, or production.
- Assist with casting to make sure the right actor/actress brings out the most in the role and works well with other cast members.
- Direct cast members to see that they understand their character and the part they play in the entirety of the production.
- Secure funding for productions, often doing so at least 5 percent below budget and well above expectations.
- Work with other crew members to ensure the production remains on schedule, that it looks its best, and that the final product is as polished as possible and matches the head director’s vision.
- Investigated potential documentary subjects to understand their relevance and what would be required to create a solid production that conveys the right message and meaning.
- Interviewed documentary subjects and participants to uncover their stories and to imbue the film with their voice.
- Shot, edited, and added music tracks and selections to documentaries.
- Reviewed scripts for flow, proper character development, consistency, and for errors.
- Assisted the director, assistant director, and script supervisor in their tasks to ensure the production went smoothly and remained within budget.
- Recommended changes to productions and offered suggestions, most of which were used and saved the cast and crew time and money.
Besides making films, I also enjoy watching them, especially those in the suspense and neo-noir genres. On the weekends, I like going for bike rides on the paths close to my home and venturing up into the hills when the weather permits. I like to read biographies of filmmakers to better understand the craft, improve my filmmaking abilities, and broaden my creativity.
Need to take action on your own resume? See how this nontraditional grad highlights her film production experience in this example resume below, and download the film production sample resume in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
- Film and Television Production: Wide-ranging knowledge of film and video projects from inception to completion. Effective at organizing and coordinating shoots; experience using production equipment. Conduct script analysis and contribute to script changes. Ability to write and edit scenes, treatments, and scripts; competent in film and sound editing.
- Administration and Communication: Provide efficient administrative support for a diverse array of program participants and staff. Prioritize and organize workloads to meet strict deadlines; train and support team members. Establish and maintain strong working relationships with management, staff, and internal and external groups.
- Technical Proficiencies: Adobe Premiere, ProTools, Final Cut Pro X, AVID, Flatbed Editing, Movie Magic Budgeting and Scheduling, iMovie, MS Office, Arriflex 235 and Sony Digital Video Cameras, Studio Floor Camera.
- Strengths and Accomplishments: Enthusiastic and creative; demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and objectives. Excellent organizational and communication talents; solid skills in improving productivity and efficiency while reducing costs. Served as Production Sound / Sound Editor for Student Emmy Award-winning film.
Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Film/Video Production (2015)
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
Bachelor of Arts in Dramatic Art (2013)
University of California, Berkeley, California
- Director/ Director of Photography
- “Life” – Digital Video Short Film
- “Locked In” – Digital Video Short Film
- “Unfaithful” – Digital Video Short Film
- Director of Photography / Edito
- “Uncomfortable” – 16mm Short Film
- “The Journal” – 16mm Short Film
- Writer/Director/Sound Editor
- “Chronicle” – 16mm Short Film
- Production Sound / Sound Editor
- “Working the Inner City” – Documentary
- “Blast” – Student Emmy Award-Winning Documentary
- “Resonance” – 16mm Short Film
- “Swan” – HD Short Film
- Assistant Producer
- “No Hope” – 35mm Short Film
University of Southern California,
School of Cinema – Los Angeles, California 2013 − 2015
Film and Production, Graduate Student
Cast, directed, and co-produced numerous film and video projects. Planned, organized, and budgeted film shoots utilizing Movie Magic Budgeting and Scheduling. Edited projects and assigned scenes using Adobe Premiere and AVID. Performed sound editing in ProTools. Wrote scenes, treatments, and portions of scripts.
- Located and secured approval for land at low cost, assisted in casting, and provided input on final picture and sound edit for Senior Project.
- Commended by Directors for sense of humor that played a key role in diffusing tension and ensuring successful shoots.
Lucerne Publishing, Los Angeles, California - 2010 − 2013
Production Coordinator (concurrent with education)
Organized information and edited and composed text for “The Entertainment Guide” (750-page publication). Assisted in determining interview questions in accordance with Production policies.
- Frequently worked numerous additional hours to meet strict deadlines.
University of California, Berkeley, California - 2006 − 2008
Evaluated petition requests for exceptions to general program requirements, ensuring consistency of policies. Tracked student progress in degree programs. Provided administrative support for over 100 Ph.D. students, 500 Master’s Degree students, and faculty. Resolved billing and registration problems. Responded to more than 50 e-mail messages daily. Oriented new employees to departmental policies and procedures. Communicated extensively with the Dean, other offices and program coordinators in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
- Improved efficiency and reduced costs by introducing automated communication processes.
- Successfully organized induction ceremony for Beta Gamma Sigma international society of business school honors graduates.
- Instrumental in major improvement of relations between Student Affairs Office and students.