Each month ProQuest updates this list of the top 25 Most-Accessed Dissertations and Theses across all subjects, based upon total PDF downloads.
Click here to view previous month's lists of most accessed dissertations and theses.
- The Impact of Texting and Social Media on Students' Academic Writing Skills
Risto, Angela, Tennessee State University, 2014, Ed.D.
Subject: Educational administration
- UNITED STATES SECURITY INTERESTS IN THE MEDITERRANEAN: SELECTED PROBLEMS
NEILSON, THOMAS LAVON, American University, 1969,
Subject: International law
- Perceptions of executives from seven selected companies of the use of social media in marketing practices
Alameddine, Abir, Pepperdine University, 2013, Ed.D.
- Consensus frayed: The Greek colonels, the Turkish embargo, and the crisis of Cold War containment
Friedman, Michael Jay, University of Pennsylvania, 2003, Ph.D.
Subject: American history
- Measuring corporate social responsibility through organizational values: A scale validation study
Toliver, Adria Denise, The University of Texas at Arlington, 2013, Ph.D.
Subject: Occupational psychology
- Mise-en-scene of desire: The films of Mizoguchi Kenji
Kinoshita, Chika, The University of Chicago, 2007, Ph.D.
Subject: Film studies
- Asatru in America: A new American religion
Calico, Jefferson Forrest, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, 2013, Ph.D.
Subject: Comparative religion
- Effect of a Business Ethics Course on the Moral Reasoning of Undergraduate Accounting Students
Fulmore, Anthony Lamont, Northcentral University, 2015, D.B.A.
- United States national security policy towards the North Atlantic Treaty Organization during the Kennedy and Johnson administrations, 1961-1969
McKnight, Michael Edward, Texas A&M University, 1997, Ph.D.
Subject: American history
- Boy builders and pink princesses: Gender, toys, and inequality over the twentieth century
Sweet, Elizabeth Valerie, University of California, Davis, 2013, Ph.D.
- Strategic human resource management at the crossroads: Relationships among human resource capital, overlapping tenure, behaviors, and performance
Harris, Christopher M., The University of Texas at Arlington, 2009, Ph.D.
- Teachers' beliefs regarding the implementation of constructivism in their classroom
Beck, Judy, The University of Toledo, 1997, Ph.D.
Subject: Curriculum development
- The impact of organizational culture, structure, and strategy on knowledge management effectiveness and organizational effectiveness
Zheng, Wei, University of Minnesota, 2005, Ph.D.
- Essays on information environment of international financial markets
Xie, Junqiang, City University of New York, 2013, Ph.D.
Social Media Addiction among Adolescents in Urban China: An Examination of Sociophysiological Traits, Uses and Gratifications, Academic Performance, and Social Capital
Huang, Hanyun, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong), 2011, Ph.D.
Subject: Mass communication
- Three essays on cross-listing
Wang, Liu, Old Dominion University, 2010, Ph.D.
- Empirical relationships among servant, transformational, and transactional leadership: Similarities, differences, and correlations with job satisfaction and organizational commitment
Washington, Rynetta R., Auburn University, 2007, Ph.D.
Revisiting fundamental concepts of transformational leadership theory: A closer look at follower developmental processes
Lippstreu, Michael, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2010, Ph.D.
Subject: Occupational psychology
- The effects of cross-listing of non-United States firms on the New York Stock Exchange
Oran, Adil, Texas Tech University, 1999, Ph.D.
- THIRTEEN ESSAYS FROM THE THREE YEARBOOKS "DAS MEISTERWERK IN DER MUSIK" BY HEINRICH SCHENKER: AN ANNOTATED TRANSLATION. (VOLUMES I-III)
KALIB, SYLVAN SOL, Northwestern University, 1973,
- Measurement of perceived organizational readiness for change and employees' attitudes toward change in the public sector
Cinite, Inta, Carleton University (Canada), 2006, Ph.D.
- Conceptualizing Empowerment in International Development Education
Hegeman-Davis, Raya G., University of Minnesota, 2013, Ph.D.
Subject: Education policy
- Exploring generational differences among Millennials, Gen Xers, and Baby Boomers: Work values, manager behavior expectations, and the impact of manager behaviors on work engagement
Murphy, Michelle Marie, Alliant International University, 2011, Ph.D.
Subject: Organizational behavior
- America's Germany, Germany's Europe: Konrad Adenauer, the CDU/CSU, and the politics of German Westbindung, 1949-1963
Granieri, Ronald Joseph, The University of Chicago, 1996, Ph.D.
Subject: European history
Island radicals: The emergence and consolidation of the Cypriot Left, 1920-1960
Panayiotou, Andreas, University of California, Santa Cruz, 1999, Ph.D.
Subject: Social structure
- Juror perceptions of juveniles transferred to criminal court: The role of generic prejudice and emotion in determinations of guilt
Beringer Jones, Megan, The University of Nebraska - Lincoln, 2011, Ph.D.
Subject: Behavioral sciences
- Learning to be engaged: Leader goal orientation, employee goal orientation and the mediating role of employee learning on employee engagement and performance
Pollock, Patrick W., St. Ambrose University, 2015, D.B.A.
Subject: Business administration
Leadership and management skills of preservice teachers
Koh, Shana E., The Claremont Graduate University, 2008, Ph.D.
Subject: Teacher education
- Reading mothers and daughters: A psychological, historical, and literary analysis
Gistrak, Jennifer Ellen, Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology, 2000, Psy.D.
Subject: Clinical psychology
- Reforming the criminal justice system: A pragmatic approach to building a sustainable system
Smith, Da'Mon J., University of Central Oklahoma, 2011, M.A.
Subject: Public administration
- The impact of cultural differences on Asian American college students' emotional wellness
To, Sandy, California State University, Long Beach, 2013, M.S.
Subject: Counseling Psychology
- Images, madness, and the gods: Plato's critique of poetry, use of literary tropes, and treatment of poetic inspiration as divine madness
Watkins, Dru, University of Houston-Clear Lake, 2014, M.A.
- The United States and the unification of Western Europe, 1956--1964
Manuel, Vivian, University of Wyoming, 1965, M.A.
Subject: Political science
- The emergence of the Cold War: Critical issues in Soviet-American relations 1917-1948
Hubis, Harold Jeffrey, San Jose State University, 1994, M.A.
Subject: American history
- Girls for a Change: Exploring the role of technological and visual literacies in a high school setting to create social change
Morales, AnaLuisa H., Prescott College, 2014, M.A.
Subject: Educational technology
- A study of customer satisfaction factors and employee satisfaction in the hospitality industry
Novikova, Ksenia, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, 2009, M.S.
- "Babbitt": Loss of human values
McNary, Leonora P., California State University, Dominguez Hills, 2003, M.A.
Subject: American literature
- Ethics and business decision-making
Jaunich, Gregory J., The College of St. Scholastica, 2012, M.B.A.
- The benefits of early comprehensive youth obesity prevention strategies outweigh the costs to consumers and reimbursers
Alver, Amalie, Boston University, 2016, M.S.
Subject: Public health
- Two Qualitative Case Studies Examining the Parent-Child Interaction in Home-Based Musical Play Experiences
Choi, Yoon Kyoung, Arizona State University, 2013, M.M.
- Gender discrimination in the workplace
Childs, Sheena, State University of New York Empire State College, 2012, M.A.
Subject: Women's studies
- Designing Infographics to support teaching complex science subject: A comparison between static and animated Infographics
Hassan, Hesham Galal, Iowa State University, 2016, M.F.A.
Numerical and experimental analysis of photovoltaic panel cooling
Subhan, Abdul, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (Saudi Arabia), 2012, M.S.
Subject: Mechanical engineering
- Relationship Between Job Satisfaction and Nurse to Patient Ratio with Nurse Burnout
Teeter, Kayla, Gardner-Webb University, 2014, M.S.N.
- Regulating cryptocurrency to prevent fraud and money laundering
Ngai, Kenneth, Utica College, 2014, M.S.
- Heritages: Mother/daughter relationships in three novels by Chinese American women
Guo, Yan, The University of Regina (Canada), 1995, M.A.
Subject: American literature
Prediction of Septic Shock in Patients with Hematologic Malignancies
Hu, Scott B., University of California, Los Angeles, 2013, M.S.
- Mother/daughter dyads: Female identity construction in three contemporary female Bildungsromane
Walters, Melanie L., Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, 2008, M.A.
Subject: American literature
- The effects of social media on national security within the United States
Lumpp, Taylor G., Utica College, 2014, M.S.
Subject: Web studies
- Weeding the garden: Transforming the Inner Critic and allowing our innate creativity to flourish
Crawford, Nan, California Institute of Integral Studies, 2001, M.A.
Subject: Developmental psychology
- Disney princess "2.0": A feminist critique of Disney's newest generation of princesses
Rome, Jennifer M., University of Nebraska at Omaha, 2013, M.A.
- The glint of gold: Press coverage of the discovery of Tutankhamun's tomb
Arakaki, Jon S., University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 1999, M.A.
- Urinary biomarkers and association with recovery from severe AKI
Agarwal, Rahul, Yale University, 2013, M.D.
Business Intelligence: Evolution and Future Trends
Bataweel, Dalal Suliman, North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, 2015, M.S.
Subject: Information technology
- Reading images: Visual and critical literacy strategies as methods of meaning construction
Comacchio, David John, University of Toronto (Canada), 2006, M.A.
Subject: Reading instruction
- Lien entre le sentiment d'auto-efficacite et l'epuisement professionnel chez des enseignantes et enseignants et inventaire des obstacles et facilitateurs a leur epanouissement professionnel
R. Doyon, Pascal, Universite du Quebec a Trois-Rivieres (Canada), 2013, M.A.
- Evolution of a president: John F. Kennedy and Berlin
Labinski, Nicholas, Marquette University, 2011, M.A.
One Belt One Road: China's Nation-Building Initiative
Zhang, Yizhi Jing Jing, The George Washington University, 2017, M.A.
Subject: International relations
DBA Dissertation Topics
- Global Business Politics
- Information Technology Integration
- Business Accountability
- Finance and Accounting
- Social Entrepreneurship
If you choose to become a Doctor in Business Administration, you can count on more career opportunities to move yourself ahead in the business place. While there are many reasons to consider a DBA, such degrees do require a great deal of time and effort.
Resource: 10 Most Affordable Online DBA Programs – Online Ph.D. Business
As part of your pursuit, you will be expected to complete a dissertation, which should explore one of the most pressing issues in the field. Here are five hot topics to consider for a DBA dissertation.
1. Global Business Politics
The world is becoming increasingly interconnected. As more businesses explore international opportunities, the need to adapt to a global marketplace is pressing. It is not merely a question of understanding different markets, but it is necessary to look at the legal and political ramifications of globalization as well. Globalization topics can range from an analysis of emerging economies to the way businesses and governments work together in international contexts. Dissertations about globalization can be enriched with detailed case studies and comparative data.
2. Information Technology Integration
Technology is essential to modern business. Almost every business relies on technology in manufacturing, software development, bookkeeping and more. Therefore, a dissertation on information technology is always a good choice. It is especially useful to look at the way technology can be successfully incorporated into the business structure, analyzing its benefits and the complications. Since technology is always evolving, there are plenty of examples to explore during your research. Examining technology from a managerial point of view can be a particularly useful way to go since it looks at the topic from a higher level. Ecommerce and security are also relevant considerations.
3. Business Accountability
After the turmoil in 2008, the idea of accountability is huge in business. Business leaders are always trying to make more money and reach new consumers, but these goals must be adequately balanced by ethical practices. The world saw too clearly what can happen when businesses let ethical standards slide, and many people are still trying to recover professionally and personally. This is why there is ample space to explore new accountability practices, assessing the best ways to maintain ethical business practices while still pushing ahead with profits.
4. Finance and Accounting
Many businesses also suffered financially after the crash of 2008. For this reason, issues of finance and accounting are worthy of more study. To really push the envelope, consider more advanced types of accounting that look at total assets and not just money. These less tangible assets are increasingly important to modern business models, which is why a method of accounting for them is so useful. Finance and accounting are topics that can be paired with other issues. For example, accountability is often tied to financial issues, and there are plenty of issues surrounding the global pressures on accounting practices. The way these topics intersect can make for a more dynamic dissertation.
5. Social Entrepreneurship
One of the most interesting business trends is social entrepreneurship. Social entrepreneurship uses business to solve social problems. In these business models, success is not merely measured by conventional profits. Instead, success is marked by social gains. There is more interest than ever in giving back to communities, which is why social entrepreneurship might be an inspired topic. An exploration of hybrid businesses that seek to earn money and give back can be especially noteworthy for DBA students.
These topics are modern and relevant, which make them ripe for further exploration. Whatever you choose, your DBA dissertation can be an important building block for your career goals.
Top 10 Best Business Schools
Top 25 Doctoral Programs in Business