Essay about Effective Communication and Team Building Efforts
1144 Words5 Pages
Making a Change
The leader has to learn and develop a sound knowledge in communication skill which will enable him or her to build an excellent team in his organization because without effective communication, they will be description in organizational goal, stress, confusion and frustration between the leader and the members of the team and can lead to reduction in organizational success. The leader has to have open communication skill to facilitate and support the change process because every staff will react differently to any organizational change. As this time, provide excellent training and make ensure every members of the team are pulling in the same direction because "The major role of a leader is to guide and lead” according to…show more content…
Despite the leaders’ best efforts to present the organizational changes in a positive way, they might encounter some challenges and resistance within team members because every team members might not perceive the organizational change the same way. As a result, the leader has to actively involving the team members who resist change by incorporating some of their input and feedback in the change process. This will help reduce their resistance, according to Dianna (2006).
Application of Change Theory
Due to recent problem identified in national staffing association Inc. (NSA) is a break in communication, that lead to lack of continuation of care some of the clients we serve. There was a change in clients plan of care (POC) as the Medicaid continue to titrate or reduce clients benefit that is ongoing now in any organization, the director of nursing (DON) got the intake from Lisa that is Medicaid representative, pass the information to case manager, pass it to case coordinator where it got lost. This vital information was never pass to the nursing supervisor, visiting nurse none home health aide (HHA) who will assist this client for activities of daily living (ADL). This problem was on unit client family called the Medicaid office and Lisa called the office. It was during the
Building team and being a team member, first you have to recognize the concept and meaning of the team. Teams are one kind of small groups. A team is not only when people get together to work. “A team is a set of interpersonal interactions structured to achieve established goal” (David W. Johnson, Frank W. Johnson, Joining together: Group Theory and Group skills-8th Edition). To be more specific, a team includes two or more people who have these following characteristics. Firstly, people who are responsive of their optimistic in interdependence as they try hard to accomplish common objectives. As well as individuals who are cooperate among other team members. Thirdly, those who know who is your team companionship. Finally, persons who have exact roles and responsibilities or tasks to carry out.
To form productive teams, clear cooperative objectives, effective communication, good quality leadership, successful decision-making, practical conflict management, and positive applying use of power are all necessary. It brings a team to obtain extraordinary tasks done. However, it is not simple to build a team effort.
Successful team performance has a need of careful organizing of collaboration between team members. The efficient team formation will be more productive than team structured competitively and individualistically. It will also result in more dedicated team members are to each other, and the better members’ social capabilities. Moreover, by developing the success of continuing work teams, they may be provided team-building experiences. Team-building focuses on the analysis of work processes and actions of ongoing work teams performance to improve team efficiency, the high-quality relationships among associates, the level of members’ communication skills, and the ability of the team to develop to adjust to altering circumstances and demands.
Our Service Can Write a Custom Essay on Team Building for You!
There are several concerns in building teams:
- Having a size of small team can be beneficial. The greater number of people, the smaller they put effort into work. Members may feel isolated which can be resulted in not as much of task participation and lack of responsibility for the team’s achievement. It is quite difficult to deal with a large number of people through their diversities. Huge groups face more multifaceted restrains on sharing the point of views required to make a team.
- Choosing members based on their knowledge and skills. Individual will have expertise in his or her own area. Ability requirements are divided into two types: task work skills and teamwork skills. Among members, they have to know what kind of ability that is being needed to accomplish its mission.
- Bringing and researching the information that will want to operate in the team by considering a well planned and preparation.
When a team has been built, organizing must be occurred by the following:
- Present and clarify the team with its mission, encouraging interdependence between team members and appoint in the procedure of changing the mission into specific objectives to the team. Winning teams require a persuasive purpose and need to recognize that what is going on now among collaborators. They must operationally connect their goals in terms of quantifiable tasks. All the way through this method, it will create a sense of ownerships of its goals toward each member and enhance its performance potential.
- Ordinary meetings have to be often set up to offer chances for team members to act together face-to-face and support individual’s success. Team members need to assist or cooperate to each other, planned and unplanned, specifically at the first start. The requirements of inventive insights and personal bonding are also essential.
- Concentration is needed, especially in the first meetings. When the team initially assembles, members observe the signs provided by teammates to corroborate, or dismiss hypothesizes and concerns. The team leader will be selected to supervise or authorize the team.
- Creating understandable rules of manner. All operative teams improve rules of manner at the beginning to assist individuals carrying on their purpose and functioning goals.
- Exactly determining the movement of the team in reaching its goals to ensure certain responsibility. The allocation of the tasks will be shared and distributed equally.
- Provide the new ideas, resources, or information that make mission, purpose, and goals easier to understand.
- Ensure regular team-processing gatherings. The team needs to observe how well it is functioning and discuss techniques to progress its success frequently.
ATTENTION!!!HotEssays.blogspot.com provides free sample essays and essay examples on any topics and subjects. EssayLib.com essay writing service produces 100% custom essays, term papers & research papers, written by quality essay writers only. The prices start from $11 per page. You can order a custom essay on Team Building now!